We are a non-profit organisation dedicated to rescuing and rehoming Chihuahuas in need. Chihuahuas in our care live in foster homes where they receive a full health check and any necessary medical treatment prior to adoption. All adults will be vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. All puppies will be vaccinated and microchipped with a requirement to be neutered by the adoptive family. We do not allow our dogs to be used for breeding.
Lily’s Chihuahua Rescue UK relies on donations to meet our day to day costs and our veterinary bills as we have no other source of funding. We rescue throughout mainland UK and currently re-home throughout Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. Our policy:
- In all cases, a home check will be required and an adoption fee applies.
- We have a no destruction policy.
- We will require a vet reference as proof of neutering if a dog was too young to be neutered at the time of adoption, All our puppies are under a neutering contract & will be neutered before 12 months of age.
- All dogs homed by us will live indoors as an integral member of the family. They must not be used for breeding or any commercial purpose.
- All dogs homed by us will receive adequate vet attention should they become ill.
- All dogs will be exercised regularly.
- All Adopters will stay in touch & give regular updates.
- All dog homed by us will be left alone for long periods of time.
- Training classes are strongly recommended for puppies & partially trained dogs.
In the unfortunate circumstances that the adoptive family can no longer keep their dog, we offer a lifetime backup on all dogs rehomed through us. Please contact the rescue immediately and the rescue will arrange for the dog to come back into our care.
If you wish to support us with a donation please navigate to our donations page from the menu at the top of this page, we accept single one-off donations or you can support us by donating as little as £1 a month.